Funny, the last time I posted about events here I mentioned how infrequently I post about events here. At least this time it’s not about Open Studios. With that out of the way, there are five exhibitions and a record release that I want to point out:
- Ellie Irons is in Systematic Sampling, a group show at Stream gallery that opens tonight (tonight, as in Thursday, January 8th!), 7–9:30pm off the J/M/Z Myrtle Broadway stop in Bushwick.
- Zach Nader’s channel surf opens at Microscope Gallery on Friday, January 9th. You may have seen Nader’s car commercial video which made the rounds a while back.
- Netart badass Marisa Olson has a solo exhibition, Getting Ready, at Transfer Gallery, closing reception is on Saturday, January 10th, 7–11pm.
- Meanwhile, on the other side of Bushwick, Outlet gallery is opening Mark Dorf and Julian Lorber’s Second Nature, January 10th, 7–10pm.
- Also closing soon, that I haven’t made it out to yet, is Sebastião Salgado: Genesis at the International Center for Photography, which is across the street from where I work so no excuses here. Through this Sunday, January 11th.
- Hairy Sands are releasing their new album, Tears at a show at Trans-Pecos in Ridgewood, Queens (also convenient for me). Tickets are $8, doors open at 8pm on Tuesday January 13th.